In this episode, Jeff and Mark discuss:
• Mark’s professional journey to his current position as CEO at BNY Mellon | Pershing.
• How valuation has changed and evolved over the years and how it is moving into multiples of EBITDA.
• Understanding the demographics, your respected competitors, your core strengths, and your definition of success.
• Developing niche and emerging markets.
• Develop a technical specialty, develop an industry specialty, get famous at both.
• There is still room in the financial advisory world for smaller organizations.
• How you do business today will not necessarily get you to where you want to go. Look at the developments in the marketplace and see how the demographics are changing.
• Become the employer of choice to a diverse sector of employees.
*"This is such an incredible time to be a financial advisor, but it’s also a very threatening time because it’s business built on the way Boomers wanted to be served, not the way in which subsequent generations want to be served."* — Mark Tibergien
Connect with Mark Tibergien:
LinkedIn: Mark Tibergien
• How to Value, Buy, or Sell a Financial Advisory Practice: A Manual on Mergers, Acquisitions, and Transition Planning
• Practice Made Perfect: The Discipline of Business Management for Financial Advisors
• Practice Made (More) Perfect: Transforming a Financial Advisory Practice into a Business
• The Enduring Advisory Firm: How to Serve Your Clients More Effectively and Operate More Efficiently
Connect with Jeff Concepcion: