In this episode, Jeff and Ray discuss:
• Ray’s evolution from mailroom to entrepreneurial ventures.
• What it takes to be the best in the business.
• The detriments of failing to plan for your own business.
• Consulting closely-held businesses.
• There are two triggers that you have to pull: the heart strings and the purse strings.
• It’s all about human capital – retention, acquisition of top talent, and developing leaders.
• Human capital is an asset, not a liability. The greatest asset on your balance sheet are your people.
• Develop a specialization and go deep with a very specific marketplace. It can be a great part of a client acquisition strategy.
"Founder focused firms are failures if they fail to plan beyond self." — Ray Sclafani
Resources Recommended by Ray
Connect with Ray Sclafani:
Book: You’ve Been Framed: How to Reframe Your Wealth Management Business and Renew Client Relationships
LinkedIn: Ray Sclafani, PPC
Connect with Jeffrey Concepcion: